A Few Inspirations


Elsa Mora

During my last tutorial Gary asked that I give him a sense of what influences me, so that he can understand better what it is that I'm trying to achieve with my work, as it seems it's lacking several somethings.

I find it difficult to narrow down my inspirations, and sometimes I feel like I'm focusing too much on what other people are doing, and not focusing enough on working instinctively. While I do find inspiration from other illustrators work, I tend to find that I'm more influenced by craft and decorative objects as well as interior design. This means I tend to think quite separately about uni work and things I'd like to produce in my own time, which I'm beginning to find drains my enthusiasm for uni briefs as I'm constantly daydreaming about the things I'd really kill to be doing. It was suggested in my tutorial that I should try and merge these interests together, but I need to spend more time considering how to merge the illustrative aspect...



 

                                                                                                      

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...